How to Prepare for Preschool
For your CHILD
• Make sure that you prep your child and yourself about the big day:
• Talk to your child, let them know what is going to happen
• Walk them through the process.
• Teach them that they are going to have a good time, and you will be back
• Bring a Lovie, bear, pictures..etc. Something small to help them as they transition throughout the day.
• Drop and LEAVE, do not make this more painful than it needs to be. The longer you stay the harder it becomes for both you, and your child.
• Stay after in the office, to see if the child is still crying.
• Most preschools have a camera set up where you can sit for a few minutes and watch them. Chances are you will be surprise to see you child having a good time. And if they are not give them a few weeks to see if they transition, but if they do not this might not be the place for your child, or they might not be ready yet.